Dr. Tsimbiri Pamela Fedha
MBChB, M.Med (University of Nairobi)
Dean of Faculty
P.O. Box 536-20115, Egerton , Kenya. TEL:+254 51 22 16 20 71. Fax: 2217827
The main objective of the Faculty is to develop and train high quality human resource, carry out problem oriented research and participate in planning and implementing of outreach programmes in health related disciplines for national development.
Following a series of consultations and planning activities between the Ministry of Health and relevant stakeholders in the health sector, the University found it necessary to train various health professionals to meet the increasing demand for qualified human resource for the growing health needs of the Kenyan society.
The Faculty will continue to provide a forum for stakeholders in the health sector and related areas to share experiences and to discuss pertinent issues that are critical in the planning, development and management of our health services.
which are vital in preparing health professionals to acquire and accumulate knowledge and skills for effective utilization and management of health care problems and challenges of the 21st Century, which is characterized by unprecedented rapid technological changes and developments, knowledge and explosion as well as multiple expanding knowledge bases.
2.Chairmen of departments who are involved in the administration of the various departments i.e
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Public Health
- Department of Child Health
- Department of Food Nutrition and Dietics
The Faculty committees include;
- Research, Linkages, Outreach and Publications.
- Quality Assuarance.
- Faculty management.
- Staff development, training and welfare.
- Admissions and SSP.
Undergraduate (Degree) Programmes
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing(conversion programme)
- Bachelor of Foods Nutrition & Dietetics
- Master of Science in Nutritional Sciences
- Ph.D. In Nutritional Programmes